Highlighted

Hi my name is Mike Anderson, Founder & CTO of Tealium, ask me anything!

Tealium Employee

@A-B wrote:

Hi Mike,

For all those custom code junkies out there, are there any plans to add

A - Linting capaability into custom code elements 

B - Code deployment minification option

C - Enhance Diff tools for code comparison

Cheers,

Alex

p.s. Thanks for taking putting time in for Ask Me Anything 

@A-B

The linting ask is a good one...noted.

We currently support minification. It's a publish setting that defaults to "On".

We have diff tools that are launched from the versions tab. You select the first version and then diff it to a second. The only limit I could see on this is that this is a post-publish diff rather than a pre-publish diff, but you could publish to Dev, do the diff then promote it.

We have a new enhancement coming out which is a draft mode for JavaScript code extensions so you can work on multiple versions of an extension in parallel and can select which version publishes where. We plan to put diff into that feature so you can see the changes you've made in a QA draft versus what's in production.

Highlighted

Employee Emeritus

Only 10 minutes remain for the AMA with @mike_anderson! Get your questions in!

Remember to give me a kudo if you like my post! Accepting my post as a solution is even better! Also remember that search is your friend.
Highlighted

Employee Emeritus

And that's a wrap. Thank you for joining us for our first AMA!

Remember to give me a kudo if you like my post! Accepting my post as a solution is even better! Also remember that search is your friend.
Highlighted

Tealium Employee

Thank you everyone for attending and for the incredible feedback...It was extremely useful and provided a lot of great insight into new features and usability on existing features.

We will definitely do this again...