AMA Summer Series: Tealium Implementation with Director of Implementation, Alex Sandrey

Community Manager
Community Manager

Alex Sandrey Headshot.png

Tealium's EMEA Director of Implementation, @AlexS will join our Ask Me Anything series with a Q&A session about implementing Tealium products. 

How it Works

• This post will be opened for questions in advance, starting on Monday, August 19th. Submit your implementation questions by replying to this post.
  • Join us on Wednesday, August 21st from 9am-10am PST where you'll have the opportunity to watch your questions answered live!

Kristen Meren
TLC Community Manager
8 REPLIES 8

AMA Summer Series: Tealium Implementation with Director of Implementation, Alex Sandrey

Community Manager
Community Manager

Don't be shy, Tealium users! Come post your most pressing implementation questions for our Director of Implementation in the EMEA region. @AlexS will be on this discussion thread in less than 20 hours to answer your most pressing questions. Ask Alex anything! It's like having a really solid, free consulting resource in your corner. Hope to see your questions here soon!

Kristen Meren
TLC Community Manager

tamedbeast
Contributor
tamedbeast

We are getting started here in about 20 minutes. Post your questions now!

If you liked it then you should have put a kudo on it!

Tealium Employee

Hello, I’m Alex Sandrey the Implementation Director for Tealium in EMEA. I’ve been with Tealium for over 2 years now, and before that I was a customer responsible for deploying and managing Tealium for 3 years. I have some good experiences around the deployment, governance and getting the best out of your Tealium products from both sides of the fence (so to speak).

So any questions, please, now is the time!

IMG_0324.jpg

Community Manager
Community Manager

To get us started, I'm going to share the top three questions our team hears when dealing with implementing Tealium. @AlexS will answer these questions:

1. What is Tealium? This is a question not often asked by users like you, but stakeholders who many product users have to work with. 
  2. Which teams from my company should be involved in the implementation of Tealium?
  3. Training! How to get it and who should get it, and when should it happen?

Answers coming shortly...

Kristen Meren
TLC Community Manager

Tealium Employee

@KristenMeren wrote:
  • What is Tealium? This is a question not often asked by users like you, but stakeholders who many product users have to work with. 

“What is Tealium?” does come up quite often.

As you say, this is not often from the Teams we work with directly but stakeholders or other interested parties within the client’s organisation.

Obviously, if you’re here, you already know one of the best places to get the answer to that question! But it can be a challenge if you are the evangelist within a mid to large organisation.

The answer will depend on what of the Tealium products you have bought. As a customer responsible for the deployment of a TMS, one of the first tasks I did was write an ABC of (in my case) tag management. This was a document that I referred back to many times and shared with many teams to first cover the basics but also provide some of the benefits and alleviate concerns.

As a new client, or if you’re looking at other Tealium products I would highly recommend you be prepared to both answer this within your organisation (as well as asking for help from your implementation team) to answer with you.

Tealium Employee

@KristenMeren wrote:
  • Which teams from my company should be involved in the implementation of Tealium?

This is something that we always look to cover as part of a kickoff on new projects. The exact roles will differ within organisations and again, there may be some differences depending on which of the Tealium products you are implementing but some common roles to consider are:

Project Management

Within Tealium we have project management to ensure all our resources and deliverables are aligned however, having a key contact and individual within the client is the number one role we ask for. This helps with aligning the different teams and provide internal stakeholder management as well as escalation and decisioning. Without this you can get lost in differing team priorities.

Web/Mobile Developer Lead

As with any technical project someone within the organisation who will be responsible for technical aspects of implementation (and ideally business as usual) is a must. Their exact skills will depend on which Tealium products but often this will be someone with in the IT team responsible for Web or mobile who either has (themselves or one of their team) front end web coding skills.

MarTech Lead

From a TMS point of view, but also within the CDP space, Tealium acts as a vehicle to allow you and your organisation to leverage your existing marketing technologies to greater effect. This is a much smoother and more value driven process if the owners of the tools are engaged within the project. They can hep provide greater context around how they use your tools now and where they struggle to get the right or consistent data which really helps set your priorities and keep focused.

Data Owner

This has two flavours (if you will) depending on what you’re implementing. If you’re more on the TMS side the Data Owner is more around the governance and internal owner of what information goes where, what your data layer looks like, who has access, etc. If you’re looking towards the UDH then the Data Owner can be more around your organisations storage and use of customer data (be it your own data warehouse or one of the solutions we can connect to).

Tealium Employee

@KristenMeren wrote:
  • Training! How to get it and who should get it, and when should it happen?

We always recommend new users head to TLC to start their training and education. Depending on your style of learning we have:

• Documentation that covers everything from the basics like Product Guides, to more advanced topics like Developer Documentation
  • Forums if you prefer to discuss and ask questions of fellow users (both Tealium Staff and other customers)
  • Online Learning videos that run you through different elements of the platform and show a visual step by step of how to achieve certain tasks
  • Certification is also available if you think your knowledge is at a level that you can validate it with Tealium
  • If you’re more of a face to face learner we also hold regular Bootcamps across the globe (as well as some virtual ones)

To the question of when: if you’re interested in learning more about Tealium there’s never a better time than… now! If you’re investing a bit more of your time, such as attending a bootcamp, I suggest timing it a bit closer to the beginning of your implementation process so you can apply that hands-on experience straight into your working world.

Tealium Employee

I hope people found some of the above useful. As part of the Customer Success management team I am always willing to talk to customer around both how to best start their journey with Tealium but also how to improve and evolve with us.

Please reach out to your Tealium Account Manager if you’re interested in discussing any of the topics raised today or anything else relating to your continued use and incremental improvement usage of the Tealium platform.