Highlighted

How to Search for an Answer

kathleen_jo
Employee Emeritus
kathleen_jo

The Community is a database filled with issues experienced by hundreds of users and solutions provided for them.

If you have an issue, there is a good chance that it has already been asked in the Community and somebody has provided a solution. So before you ask your question, it is always a good idea to search for available solutions on that issue.

Our Community has a robust search engine with several filter options available. Take a look at our instructions below to learn how to search effectively!

The Community is divided into different categories. Click on the category that relates most closely to your topic then on a sub-category, or board, to see posts about that topic. Each week, there are people asking questions about your given topic. The best way to find what you are looking for is to search. Type a search topic in the search field. A list of suggestions will appear.

search-top-global.png

Click a suggestion to see the post on that topic. If none of the suggestions match your question in the search field then click the search icon. Posts related to your question will appear below the search field. 

Search-Page.png

To refine your search, click the "Advanced Search..." link. Use the advanced search fields to search for an exact phrase or eliminate results containing certain words. Your search results can be sorted by date, metadata, type of post, and contents. 

Searching for only Posts vs. Users vs. Documentation

Searching for only a Post

In the screenshot below we are searching for a Post on the search page found here: https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?q=google To search for a post type your question into the text box.Search-Posts.png

Search for only a User

To search for only a User select the next tab over then type the user's profile name. 
Search-Users.png

Search only Documentation

To search for only documentation, click on the next tab and type in your query.

Search-documentation.png 

That's all there is to it.

Remember to give me a kudo if you like my post! Accepting my post as a solution is even better! Also remember that search is your friend.