utag_data object declaration

Hi all,

I have a very minor problem, but it does interest me: Not all variables that I use in iQ are declared in the script that is part of the HTML-code. So there are some elements in utag_data that are not declared from the very start of the page loading.

This does not seem to create any problem yet, but I get nasty error messages in the output of the debug mode. So I wanted to get rid of them. I found two rather simple solutions, which are both quite similar. First, I've declared the variables in the beginning of utag.sync, which I am fortunate having as part of the setup. The other try was to use a JS-extension that does pretty much the same and I've scoped it to pre loader.

This works quite well - the error messages disappear from the debug output on the console, but only when it's a page load. When any event is triggered, the errors are back.

I just can't figure it out why this happens - the variables should be declared, so why are they not valid in the event scope?

Thanks for your ideas and help!

Best regards,

Bernd

View Entire Topic

Thanks, @david_bird! That did it!!

PS. Now I know, why the JavaScript-Editor gives the hint "variable is better written in dot notation"... ;)

Silver Contributor
Ask a Question
Top Kudoed Authors
Top Kudoed Posts