- TLC Home Home
- Discussions Discussions
- Documentation Documentation
- Knowledge Base Knowledge Base
- Education Education
- Blog Blog
- Support Desk Support Desk
01-17-2018 09:03 AM - edited 01-17-2018 09:05 AM
A few questions have been raised by a mobile app development team regarding the impact the Tealium for Angular JS has upon the app and the environment. Though impact is a difficult term to quantify, providing a few guidelines might be able to provide us with some basis for answering deeper questions. Here are my questions and we'll see what frameworks you might be using to answer them:
1) What is the impact on application load time? Of course we can't answer in terms of a percentage of overall app load, but maybe knowing the JS library size and how quickly it loads over various connection speeds would help us answer the question. Ideas?
2) What sort of data usage is added by the app? The initial answer seems like it may come down to how many screens/events are sending data, but knowing what the packet size is for a hit gives us the ability to calculate the data usage impact. Anyone know the answer to this?
3) Here's an odd question thrown our way -- does the JS app impact battery life?
Thanks to anyone and everyone for providing the community with a few thoughts and answers.
01-19-2018 06:59 AM
01-19-2018 08:44 AM
Hi Craig, I appreciate your follow-up.
I wish I had more details to provide. We've been told the developer is using "Angular 4.0", and not told much else. We recommended the Tealium-For-Angular mobile libraries approach.
Our plan was to be minimally invasive in adding analytics to their "200 screen" application, with only the sending of a screen view on screen change. All I was hoping for was a way to begin to answer the miscellaneous questions they have been throwing back at us regarding impact -- which for all we know might be their initial defense they use to ask for more time on the project.
Short of them doing A/B testing I cannot think of any way to tell them what to expect. I can't imagine a call to a view command sending more than 2KB, but I would only be guessing.
01-19-2018 09:27 AM
Copyright All Rights Reserved © 2008-2023