This feature is NOT available in the current 5.x versions of the Android and iOS (ObjC) libraries.
Mobile Companion is the mobile device equivalent of Web Companion. It contains much of the same functionality as Web Companion and is available for iOS and Android devices.
You must enable Mobile Companion in Tealium iQ before you can use it for your mobile app. In order to use Mobile Companion, you must meet two criteria:
- You app must use the TealiumFull library, not the TealiumCompact library.
- The Mobile Companion toggle must be on in the Mobile Library Publishing settings.
Note that when you activate the mobile library for a profile, Mobile Companion is turned on by default. If you're using the TealiumCompact library, the library disregards this setting.
Enabling Mobile Companion
To toggle Mobile Companion:
- In Tealium iQ click on the Save/Publish button to bring up the Save/Publish dialog.
- Click on the Configure Publish Settings button in the upper right corner.
- Navigate to the Mobile Library Publishing tab.
- If this profile does not have the mobile library enabled, click the Activate Mobile Library button and confirm activation.
- The Mobile Companion toggle is located under Debugging. Click the on/off toggle button to enable and disable it.
- Click the Save button.
- Save/Publish your Tealium iQ profile.
Using Mobile Companion
To activate Mobile Companion on your device:
- Give the device 3 hard shakes, then 3 hard taps in quick succession.
- The Tealium Icon button and blue overlay buttons will appear.
The Tealium Icon can be moved around. The Blue Overlay Buttons appear over all auto-trackable items.
- To inspect View Data, tap on the Tealium Icon.
- To inspect an auto-trackable object, double-tap on its blue overlay.
Click the 'X' symbol in the top-left corner of the window to close the Mobile Companion. To minimize the window, click the '—' symbol on the top-right corner. The arrow at the bottom-right of the window allows you to adjust the dimensions of the window.
Summarizes the corresponding Tealium iQ account information.
- account: Name of Tealium iQ account
- profile: Name of Tealium iQ profile
- target: Current environment in which the page is running
Current Extensions Setting displays the extension's configuration.
- Published At: Displays the date and time at which the extension was published
- Mobile companion ON: Displays the status of the Mobile Companion. The value 'True' indicates that the app is enabled
- Power save call limit: This value points to the number of view/link events in the queue required to make a dispatch. Power save call limit of '0' indicates that no view/link events need to be queued to send out a dispatch. If you set 'Power Save Call limit = 3', the library delays sending dispatches until 4 or more events are queued
Provides a list of the data points sent out with the view event.
- Currently tracking: Indicates whether or not you are tracking the view event
- Object Class: Name of the object class that is tracking the view event
- Tealium Reference ID: Unique identifier assigned to the view event
- View Data Sources: Data source name-and-value pairs connected to the view event
Provides a list of the data points and their values sent out with the element.
- Currently tracking: Indicates whether or not you are tracking the element
- Object Class: Name of the object class that is tracking the element
- Tealium Reference ID: Unique identifier assigned to the element
- View Data Sources: Data source name-and-value pairs connected to the element
Provides the JSON object and timestamp for every action and event.
- Queued and Packaged Calls - This shows the current queue of calls as well as the calls that have already been delivered.
- Tealium Logs - These are internal logs generated by the library for an iOS device.
NOTE: While the functionality of the Log tab remains same for an Android device, it has a different appearance. In place of the Tealium logs, this tab displays a list of 'Last Packaged Calls', which are nothing but the preceding calls.
The Tools tab lets you join an AudienceStream Trace.