This article shows how to install Tealium in your Magento® system using the Tealium iQ Tag Management Extension from the Magento Connect Extension Marketplace.
This is compatible for Magento versions 1.5 - 1.14. For version 2.9+, see Tealium for Magento 2
In this article:
Table of Contents Placeholder
Adding and Configuring the Tealium Extension
To add and enable the Tealium Extension in Magento Connect:
- Log in to the Magento Extension Marketplace with your Magento account.
- Search the marketplace for "Tealium", then click the Tealium Tag Management extension.
- Click Install Now
- Check the the Extension license terms box to agree to the terms then click Get Extension Key
- The Extension Key will appear in the key field. Copy the Extension Key.
- Navigate to the Magento Admin Panel and select System > Magento Connect > Magento Connect Manager.
- Under Install New Extensions, paste the Extension key you copied from the Magento Extension marketplace into the empty field and click Install.
- Under Extension dependencies click Proceed
- Wait for the following message to appear beneath the console, "Procedure completed. Please check the output frame for useful information and refresh the page to see the changes.", then click Return to Admin.
- Next, from the Magento Admin Panel, select System > Configuration
- In the left-side navigation, under the Tealium heading, click Tag Management
- Update the config settings with your account information:
- Enable : Yes
- Account : YOUR_ACCOUNT
- Profile : YOUR_PROFILE (default is "main")
- Environment : ENV ("dev", "qa", or "prod)
- Click Save Config in the upper right corner.
Congrats! You have now installed Tealium into your Magento implementation. Follow the guide for validating your web installation to see it in action.
Further configuration of your Tealium implementation is done through Tealium iQ.