Add switch to support utag.link() trigger in tag configuration

Add switch to support utag.link() trigger in tag configuration

Submitted by daniel7 on ‎02-08-2018 04:51 AM

Quite often we need to change tag templates to be able to run them with utag.link() function.

Except that we don't really touch tag templates. It would be great to be able to add support for utag.link:

u.ev={'view':1,'link':1};

directly from configuration menu (see attachment)2018-02-08 13_42_11-Tealium iQ - Tag Management.png

Hello @daniel7. Congratulations, your idea has been moved to Being Considered. Thank you for the idea and keep them coming!

Comments
by kathleen_jo
on ‎02-09-2018 04:22 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hello @daniel7. Thank you for the idea. It looks like you have quite a few fans of your idea. I have moved this to Acknowledged

by rune_a
on ‎04-17-2018 11:52 AM - last edited on ‎04-17-2018 01:12 PM by kathleen_jo

I have just used 2 days to debug a missing Experiance Cloud ID "mid" in a tealium SDK + Adobe setup, where it was missing in lifecycle event, resulting in Adobe making to many Unique Visitors per user.

And i had to get help from both Adobe and Tealium Support.

And it turned out to be this single thing.
The Adobe Marketing Cloud ID Service Tag, is not set to "Link :1".
But whit Lifecycle event the first event is always a "Launch" and that is a a "view".

Now i have made the change in the template, but have to "document" and remembet this before i make a update to the template.

So i fully support @daniel7 in this request. 

(A big thanks to @jameskeith from Tealium that have helped solved the riddle, and made a "more than expected" effort)

by kathleen_jo
on ‎04-17-2018 01:12 PM

2 days! D-oh! Sorry for the frustration @rune_a! And thank you for the comment and the shout out for @jameskeith!

by pmeyerdk Regular Contributor
on ‎04-25-2018 02:40 AM

Being a colleague of @rune_a, I have the same thoughts about this :-)
So thumbs up to @daniel7 for submitting this idea!

Best regards
Peter

by LeanInsights
on ‎04-25-2018 04:15 AM

I would love this feature!

by kathleen_jo
on ‎04-25-2018 06:49 AM

LOL some thoughts indeed @pmeyerdk. ;-) Thank you for the comment.

Great to hear @LeanInsights

And thank you both for the votes!

by kathleen_jo
on ‎07-24-2018 01:15 PM
Status changed to: Being Considered

Hello @daniel7. Congratulations, your idea has been moved to Being Considered. Thank you for the idea and keep them coming!

by
2 weeks ago

Hi @daniel7, @rune_a, @pmeyerdk,

Just an FYI, until such a feature is implemented, you can modify this value using a Javascript Code extension that is scoped to the Tag you want to modify.

Tealium IQ 2019-01-07 16-35-36.png

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Ribal

by
2 weeks ago

Hi @daniel7 @pmeyerdk

Just an FYI, until such a feature is implemented, you can modify this value using a Javascript Code extension that is scoped to the Tag you want to modify.

Tealium IQ 2019-01-07 16-35-36.png

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Ribal

by pmeyerdk Regular Contributor
2 weeks ago

Hi Ribal,

Thank you for this suggestion.

I would generally prefer this to changing the tag template, since this is harder to delete or modify by mistake.
So I will keep this in mind until the toggle is added to UI :-)

Best regards
Peter