Re: GDPR: Deletion tool for visitors

GDPR: Deletion tool for visitors

Submitted by Aberger on ‎04-13-2018 02:08 AM

Hey,

I read your paper about your efforts to provide a Deletion-API and UDH-Tool for deleting user data for people wanting to be removed from Tealium databases. For more automation it would be great if you could develop an onpage tool which reads your Cookie and in the following calls your API for deleting the requested data on behalf of the user. I think this should be a better way instead of having the user to look for its own personal identifier.

Kind regards,

Adrian 

Ah okay got it @Miwo. Thank you for the further explanation. I have moved this to Acknowledged

Comments
by Miwo
on ‎04-13-2018 02:44 AM

Especially in our Company we will not have any other Identifier for the customer then the Visitor-iD for more then 90% of the customers. And it will be very difficult to ask the customer for his Tealium Visitor-ID so that we can use the Deletion-API.

by kathleen_jo
on ‎04-13-2018 07:16 AM
Status changed to: Needs Info

Hello @Aberger and @Miwo. Thank you for the feedback. We also have a post about how we are preparing for GDPR. Does this post answer any of your questions?

I look forrward to your replies. 

by Miwo
on ‎04-13-2018 07:26 AM

Hi Kathleen, 

unfortunately not. This document describes the possible ways to find a User and to delete his informations.

Our Problem is that the User will call us and will ask us to delete his information. Let*s assume we will develop something with your API then the Agent has to ask the User " Please give us your Tealium Visitor-ID" . And at least i think that there will be no user who could find that information and it will be etremely different to explain to him where he could find that information. 

So we think it could be rather easier that you will implemt something on your website where the User can ask for deletion. So you will only have to take a look at the cookie and could Delete that User , right?

We think that this will be much easier for the User and your Customers.

best

Miwo

by kathleen_jo
on ‎04-13-2018 10:15 AM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Ah okay got it @Miwo. Thank you for the further explanation. I have moved this to Acknowledged

by Community Manager
on ‎04-26-2018 02:07 PM

@Miwo Thanks for this idea. Yes, I can see how it would be difficult to service data subject requests over the phone. It's probably easier to implement this feature directly on your website where the code will have direct access to the user's cookies.

The API we offer will allow you to look up a visitor record and submit a delete request. The details of the Visitor Lookup API are available now, even though the request endpoints are not active yet. It only returns placeholder data for now. 

More info: https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/Tealium-API/Visitor-Lookup-API/ta-p/22859