Stitching with changing visitor IDs

Stitching with changing visitor IDs

Submitted by TimWaijers on ‎06-14-2018 12:22 AM

The current implementation of visitor stitching relies on setting a unique identifier on an attribute for a visitor that never changes. So this is a 1 to 1 relation of a visitor with a unique identifier.

Sometimes a visitor has multiple different values for the same identifier. This would be a 1 to n relation of a visitor with a specific type of identifiers (phone numbers, email addresses, order ids, basket ids, session ids).

Use cases
1. Multiple baskets filled without being a customer yet and the sale is completed through a channel that can't know another unique identifier for that basket, other than the basket ID (such as an abandoned email, sms, social, etc.)
2. Multiple email addresses for the same person.
3. Deduplication of customer IDs within a CRM.

I love this idea @TimWaijers! 1 to n stitching would be a great addition to AudienceStream. And it looks like you have quite a few fans of this idea already! Congratulations. I have moved this idea to Acknowledged

Comments
by kathleen_jo
on ‎06-26-2018 03:02 PM
Status changed to: Acknowledged

I love this idea @TimWaijers! 1 to n stitching would be a great addition to AudienceStream. And it looks like you have quite a few fans of this idea already! Congratulations. I have moved this idea to Acknowledged