I know this is old post, but I think there is still a lot of value in giving some good examples of where AudienceStream has really delivered.
AudienceStream is an amazing tool, but can quickly become overwhelming. Here are my top 5 success stories over the years of being a VERY happy customer. Each of these are real world success stories we have been successfully implemented and used in an enterprise environment.
1) On Site Personalization - Personalization is a hot word in the industry, and while it's easy to talk about how cool it would be, the truth is that it is very hard to implement and eventually pull off. At the core of every personalization project is a need for individualized data about WHO the customer is and WHAT they want from you. Using Data Layer Enrichment from Audience Stream, you have a very detailed view of each customer available to you in real time. You don't have to crunch GB's of data across dozens of systems and ETL process's. You get a clean, useful chunk of data about each user that you can do all sorts of onsite personalization.
A real-world use case would be tracking how many times a user has abandoned thier cart and offering a popup coupon when they return to the site after their 3rd abandon. They are showing interest, but maybe need a little push to seal the deal.
2) Off Site Personalization - As more and more people consume online content through various social media feeds, they might never come back to your site after the first interaction. Even if they are interested in what you offer. Using AudienceStream, you can find your customers on most Social Media platforms and push targeted content even if they haven't come back to your site for months.
By using the social media connectors like Facebook's in AudienceStream, you can keep re-engaging with your users over and over again by adding them to different custom audiences depending on their activity on your site.
3) On Ramping - Many marketing teams feel like their job is done once the sale is complete, but smart marketers know that they can turn their one-time customers into repeat customers with the right information. Using AudienceStream, you can walk your users through a series of content that will educate them on accessories or services to help them get more value out of your company. We have successfully done this through email as well as targeted content on social media platforms.
You could always spam everyone that has ever been to your site, but you will get more return for your marketing dollar if you target users who have purchased your product and have engaged with your content in the past.
4) Single View of your (Digital) Customer - Leveraging the raw and detailed data in Tealium's DataAccess, you have a powerhouse that can build a complex and detailed view of who each user is. While Tealium is not great at reports (it's not an analytics platform, after all. It's an action platform), you can get access to the raw data pull that data in your own data warehouse to inform you existing ‘Single View of the Customer’ platform or start to build your own.
5) Custom Analytics - While there are a million analytics and dashboard tools out there, having access to your raw data that lets you tell an accurate and complete picture of your users is more than worth every dollar you will spend on Tealium. There is a lot of value in having an organized and clean set of data you can build basic reports like Page View, Visitors and Orders.
Just imagine if you could combine that same data with your existing backend data that you would never upload to a third-party tool in the cloud.
I hope this helps. We are finding unbelievable ways to use Tealium Tag Management, Audience Stream and Data Access every day that lets us engage with our users in ways we never thought were possible a year ago.
Wow @JerTippets. This amazing. Thank you for the reply. I know what you mean when you say that Audience Stream can be overwhelming. Since my last post I have become a little more adept at using it, but still feel like I'm taking baby steps. Good to know that I'm not alone!
AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!! These posts make me feel all warm and fuzzy! And believe me, I know fuzzy! #teehee #feelingthelove