- TLC Home Home
- Discussions Discussions
- Documentation Documentation
- Knowledge Base Knowledge Base
- Education Education
- Blog Blog
- Support Desk Support Desk
07-19-2017 06:25 AM
we would like to use a points sytem:
If a user goes on the "holiday for couples" page we would like to add +1 for couple target group and subtract -1 at family and single group.
Otherwise I need to configure every page in audience stream which would lead to a lot of manual work.
Do you have an idea?
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-19-2017 09:39 AM
Yes, this is possible. You would use a Number attribute in AudienceStream to key off of the JS var in the page and "increment or decrement" the attribute based on the UDO value. Then, depending on value of the Number they could fall in and out of an Audience based on the criteria you create in AudienceStream.
07-21-2017 01:40 AM
thanks for the fast feedback.
Another similar question, example:
User comes on the page and the value of the attribute in the datalayer is: va.metrics.5322 = 2
So is it possible to push the new value "5" to Tealium?
Thank you very much.
07-21-2017 04:15 AM
The pattern is as follows;
1. The user loads a page, for instance a couples page.
You have a choice here of either
(a) supply Tealium the +1 score (because it's a couples page) in the data layer. To do this, you could either include the value of "1" in the initial utag_data object or add it to utag_data after that object has already been initialised. As long as you do this before the call to utag.js, Tealium will just see it as part of the data layer.
(b) Have Tealium iQ work out that because this is a couples page, the score is +1. Using this approach, you don't modify the page source or utag_data, but you use an extension in TiQ, scoped to at least the collect tag, to set the score to the correct value depending on conditions.
2. Either way, the score increment is now being sent via the Collect tag to AS. In AS, you maintain a Number to be the running total of the score by incrementing the Number by the incoming score increment.
3. Using Data Layer Enrichment, this Number from AS comes back into the browser in the va.metrics. But it won't do so until the next page at the earliest. See https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/Universal-Data-Hub/Use-Case-Creating-Next-Page-Personalization/ta...
4. You can, if you wish, also have an extension to increment this va.metrics value in the same way, so that the va.metrics value includes the current page as well as the history from AS.
1. Think about how far back in AS you want this score to represent. If it is a Visit scoped Number you create, then it's just for this Visit that the score represents, and that may be what you require.
If it's a Visitor scoped Number, then this Number represents the entire Visitor lifetime score, which might eventually become quite a long period. If this is what you want, then that's OK, but if not, then you may wish to consider using the Timeline Attribute in AS to maintain this Score only over a set time window of history.
07-26-2017 08:30 AM
Hi Mark, thank you very much for the great explainations which solved our problem.
We are pushing the values into the utag data now.
Copyright All Rights Reserved © 2008-2023