Is there an API / programmatic way to access the UDO / Tag configurations? Use case:
I want to write an automated test that pulls all Site Catalyst mappings from the UDO and then uses that mapping to validate that the appropriate values ( propX, eventY, etc ) are fired on the appropriate pages. Essentially I'd like to extract metadata from the system so that I can use it in automated tests.
Can you please let me know what is available ?
Sharon we have a few pieces that might help with this.
In particular if you are capturing the data later from the a object in the HTML then we have a diff tool that will compare the props and eVars set in the page with what is sent to SiteCatalyst. If that sounds useful I can send you the code for it.
I am very interested in setting up automated tests for the implementations that I set up so please let me know a bit more detail on some example test cases and I will be happy to help you set it up.
Thanks for your response. I'm not sure that the diff tool will solve my use case, but I appreciate the offer so please send the code over. My ideal test cases would be as follows:
1. Test pages have been defined e.g. home page, video player page, secondary navigation page, etc.
2. UDO has been configured and load-rules exist for some of the pages above.
Test case for each of the above pages:
1. Use selenium or similar web driver to open a browser to the selected page.
2. Spy on method calls e.g. s.t / s.tl, etc.
3. Query Tealium API to determine (a) page load and (b) user-defined action events (c) anything else relevant
4. Use the webdriver to mimic user actions that would fire events.
5. Ensure that events fired match what comes back from Tealium.
Something like this would be ideal such that we wouldn't have to manually write exhaustive tests - we can use the data configured by our Analytics team in Tealium to describe the tests and then run them dynamically.
We currently have to manually keep the tests in synch with the Analytics configuration; since Tealium abstracts this for us, I was hoping to automate this piece out.
Please let me know what you think.