I have an extension in tealium which i was use to trigger events in adobe analytics. I want to have more control of the events without creating new dataLayer sources and mapping that source to the events variable in the Adobe Analytics tag. So i used an extension and mapped it to the adobe tag directly and called s.events from there.
However the event1 i set in the extension doesn't seem to work when i look at the variable s.events on the website
Additionally, if you've scoped that to the tag, then it probably isn't firing on custom links, but on page views, and in that case the code in the template is probably overriding your s.events.
The technique I use the most for events is to have a single data object called something like eventTrigger, assign that values based on what's happening, and then doing all the event mapping from that single data object.