- TLC Home Home
- Discussions Discussions
- Documentation Documentation
- Knowledge Base Knowledge Base
- Education Education
- Blog Blog
- Support Desk Support Desk
If I set the noview flag to true, does it count as a session and cost me money? I know the noload flag would solve this, but I need tealium to load and function as normal if it detects user interaction.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Good morning @eanilsen. That is an excellent question. Let me see... let me find your account manager to help you. Give me a moment....
The short answer is yes, at least on utag version 4.44.
You can check this yourself for your version of utag.
1. Filter network traffic for "utag.v.js". That is what counts as a new session for billing.
2. If you wish to start a new session at will, to test this, you can either use an Incognito window, or edit the _st part of the utag_main cookie. This is the epoch time at which the current session will end (it is pushed into the future on every Tealium load to keep a 30 minute timeout). If you edit it to be in the past, the next page refresh will start a new session. For example, if the value is 1511780934354, change it to 1411780934354 and refresh the page.
Hi @eanilsen. to follow up on what @mark_reddin said, your account manager should be reaching out to you soon. Let me see where they are at. My apologies for the delay. The blame is squarely on my shoulders. I neglected to get your inquiry in sooner! SORRY!!!
Thank you for the reply @mark_reddin, exactly what I needed!
No worries, @kathleen_jo!
Thank you for the understanding @eanilsen!
And THANK YOU @mark_reddin and @dburgess for the assists! Woot woot! #teamwork
Copyright All Rights Reserved © 2008-2023