Highlighted

Hi all, I am having a problem setting up a jQuery onHandler extension for a submit button.

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor

Steps taken:

- Input jQuery selector for button:

- Set floodlight variables:

- Add condition to fire on a specific page.

Upon testing in the DEV environment the tag is not firing. Any help would be much appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Hi all, I am having a problem setting up a jQuery onHandler extension for a submit button.

Tealium Employee

@Ramzi93,

The DoubleClick Floodlight template does not support utag.link() events by default. All you have to do is update the template to add link support. Please follow these steps:

1. Click your user name in the top right hand corner of TiQ

2. Click Manage Templates

3. Select the DoubleClick Floodlight template from the dropdown

4. Find this line: u.ev={'view':1}; 

5. Update the line to this: u.ev={'view':1,'link':1}; 

6. Click "Save Profile Template"

7. Click Apply

8. Publish to your desired environment

Your event should work now. Let me know if you have any other questions!

dc.png

Highlighted

Silver Contributor
Silver Contributor

Hi @christina_schel,

Thanks for your response.

Can I also apply this to an extension?

Highlighted

Tealium Employee

@Ramzi93,

I believe this requires a template edit.

Highlighted

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Hi @christina_schel,

Thank you. This is useful. I have question here on the changes that you suggested. If I do change u.ev={'view':1}; to u.ev={'view':1,'link':1}; , will the tag only fire for tealium_event load rule?

My use case: I wanted to fire tag on tealium_event = x OR pathPath='aa/b' AND variable='T'
Right now, with your change, tag is not firing on pathPath='aa/b' AND variable='T' condition.
Can you suggest some other way?