Let me start off by saying that I think Tealium is a fantastic product and the support is second-to-none. We are getting more than our moneys worth from Tealium and I wholeheartedly recommend Tealium to my peers.
With that said, our experience with Tealium IQ is that it is generally sluggish to work with. Logging in always takes at least 45-60 seconds, sometimes longer. Once logged in, switching between tabs (tags, extensions) requires another 30-60 seconds of waiting each time. Toggling individual tags and waiting for various dialog boxes to open requires a good 10-15 seconds per click.
We estimate our time spent waiting is ~30-40% of our total time inside Tealium. When only one small change is required, this isn't too big of a deal. But when there is a lot of work to do inside Tealium, it can become frustrating.
Do you have any tips for improving TIQ performance? What are the optimal browser/hardware/OS specs? Is this a wide-spread issue that will be addressed in future iterations of the product, or is it unique to our environment?
Thanks for your feedback. I'm adding your comments to the existing bug for UI performance improvements. Please also contact your account manager with this information (include the specific account/profile.)
In general, we use Chrome for the UI. The significant slowness you are seeing is not typical, but even a 2 second delay is too long.
This morning, we did have some issues with Amazon servers (impacting many of Amazon's clients.) This specific issue is now resolved.
Again, thanks for this detailed information.
Thank you for the prompt response.
I'm sure a lot of it has to do with our individual PCs and their limited RAM. I don't know how large our profile is compared to your other clients, but we have 160 extensions and the extensions tab seems to be the biggest offender for us.
Got it. I think that's the issue right now (large # of extensions.) From the other clients that have reported this, they have close to 200 extensions. I'm not sure who has most of the "blame" at this point (our algorithms or jQuery or some other library) for the slowness.. But it's something we will definitely fix. I don't have an ETA, but we've moved this to near the top of the list in priority. Your account manager can keep you updated on the latest status.
I wanted to update this thread and say that performance has dramatically improved over the past few days. I'm not sure if there were updates done on your end or if it's just coincidence but we are experiencing very little load time issues.