Highlighted

How can you tell which version of an extension is being used when linked from a library?

ktao
Visitor
ktao

With lots of profiles and libraries in TiQ, it is hard to ensure that all profiles are published with the latest library changes. 

What's the easiest way to tell which version of a library was published into a particular environment of the profile I'm in? The screenshot below is from a linked library extension.

Screen Shot 2019-04-09 at 1.40.18 pm.png

3 REPLIES 3

How can you tell which version of an extension is being used when linked from a library?

GavinAttard
Occasional Contributor
GavinAttard Occasional Contributor

Hi

Not sure if i understood the question properly, but here goes. 

From my expereince once the library is tied a profile, the latest version of that lirbary is pushed for merge when you next load the profile.

As for which was the last version that was tied, we handle this by including the version number in the publish description. 

Research your Experience | Improve and Evolve | Leave no one behind

ktao
Visitor
ktao

Thanks Gavin. I didn't realise you can see the Linked Libraries version, however it seems quite difficult to go through all the previous publishes in a profile to find the last publish involving a particular library. Is this the only way to tell which version is being used? 

GavinAttard
Occasional Contributor
GavinAttard Occasional Contributor

Hi @ktao 

i'm not sure i fully undersood your use case. 

Are you swapping library links to a particular profile? 

An you want to search when in all you previous publishes a previous library and versiom may have been used?

Research your Experience | Improve and Evolve | Leave no one behind