- TLC Home Home
- Discussions Discussions
- Documentation Documentation
- Knowledge Base Knowledge Base
- Education Education
- Blog Blog
- Support Desk Support Desk
08-21-2014 07:38 AM
08-21-2014 07:52 AM - last edited on 08-14-2016 10:16 AM by kathleen_jo
Hey Tim, Check out the "Adding Data Sources" section of this post: https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/Getting-Started/Data-Layer-Tab/ta-p/9427 In step three make sure and select "Querystring Parameter" as the Data Source Type. That should be it! Then you can use that new parameter and map that to your analytics tag. I'm trying to understand your use case for changing old parameter values to new values. It looks like you want to grab a Google Analytics Query Param and send it to a CoreMetrics value. Is that an accurate assumption?
08-21-2014 07:58 AM
08-21-2014 08:11 AM - last edited on 08-14-2016 10:15 AM by kathleen_jo
1) Click "Add a Data Source" in the Data Sources Tab.
2) Name the data source "tc"
3) Select the "Querystring Parameter" in the Type drop down.
4) Click Apply
5) Open the CoreMetrics Tag in the Tabs Tab
6) Click the "Edit" button in the Mapped Data Sources section of the tag
7) In the Data Sources drop down, select the new "tc" Query Parameter Data Source
8) Click "Select Destination"
9) Navigate to the desired tab in the Mapping Toolbox. Assuming this is for the CM Page View Tag, you will already be on the correct tab in the Mapping Toolbox.
10) Scroll down in the window to find the correct Attribute where you would like to send the "tc" parameter. Click on the attribute number.
11) Click Apply to close the Mapping Toolbox and Apply to close the Tag Config Wizard.
As for changing parameters, Tealium doesn't have control over the URL so we are not able to update the names of the Querystring Parameters that appear in the URL. However, we can still grab the GA parameters and pass them to CM, as outlined above.
08-25-2014 01:25 PM
Copyright All Rights Reserved © 2008-2023