Join Data Values with different parameters

Rookie Contributor
Hello Everyone, I am looking into a way to join data values in the following way : {mobile Device} : {language}-{country} : {Page Name} ({productID}) thus have separation with (in order) : - : () In the join data value extension, this is not possible. Thus i am wondering if i can use multiple time the join data value, but how do i make sure that it will be processed in the right order (or that it will wait that all values are there) Or would you suggest to use a javascript module to handle that ? Thanks very much
4 REPLIES 4

Tealium Employee
It would be easiest to use a javascript extension to achieve that. Assuming all the variables are already in the data layer, something like this should do the trick.

b['JoinedVariable'] = b['mobileDevice'] + ":" + b['language'] + "-" + b['country'] + ":" + b['pageName'] + "(" + b['productId'] + ")";
However you would need to be careful that all the variables are strings and not objects or arrays.

Employee Emeritus
You could also use a Set Data Values Extension to achieve this. Using the same code Steve provided you could do: Set: JoinedVariable (js) To: JS Code -> Paste the following into the text box: b['mobileDevice'] + ":" + b['language'] + "-" + b['country'] + ":" + b['pageName'] + "(" + b['productId'] + ")";

Rookie Contributor
Just a quick question with this code, could i add an if like : b['mobileDevice'] + ":" + b['language'] + "-" + b['country'] + ":" + b['pageName'] + ( b['productId'] != 'undefined' && b['productId'] !=null) ?"(" + b['productId'] + ")" : ""; This way if the productID is not set, then it does not matter ?

Tealium Employee
You could actually use
b['productId'] || "defaultvalue"  
instead so you would end up with: b['mobileDevice'] + ":" + b['language'] + "-" + b['country'] + ":" + b['pageName'] + "(" + (b['productId']||'defaultvalue') + ")"; Which means that if there is no productId it would populate it with the defaultvalue