Initially my challenge is familiarity and training - so user not interface related.
I don't write JS so need support in these areas - hence Craig and Adrian being invaluable and again user not interface related.
Initial interface confusion is when I need to jump around a data sources, tag, mapping, extension screen etc. May be aspects of the product could have a wizard or links to other components of the tool that I'm likely to have to have to configure next. Familiarity will help me here.
â Savingâ a version is my biggest current concern:
1) If I'm working on a change I want an ability to ensure that my changes cannot be picked up and published by anyone else. Eg, to get my Channel Stacking and related reports to work as intended may take me several hours work over several days and what happens to my work if someone wants to make a separate 2 mins change? The Adobe Tag Manager interface very clear and easy to use in this regard with clear sections to keep versions in dev, staging or prod (perhaps because the product is quite basic).
2) I would expect that every change is auto saved rather than having to do a â save asâ .
And (3) a rollback button would be useful too perhaps.
The web companion wasnâ t clear re which mode Iâ m in, eg dev or prod, but I can see this has been updated this week - great. Related to this, Craig did a neat extension to auto populate the version no and a reference (eg â devâ or â prodâ ) which was mapped to an Adobe Analytics Prop meaning I always know the version and environment status of every server call when using a debugger or the reports. I suggest you make this a standard extension available to everyone.
Finally (for now), the Channel extension could be easier to use; perhaps this is familiarity again. I mentioned my initial ideas to Adrian yesterday but in summary Iâ d like to create the following outputs to replicate / replace what Adobe Consulting would have to do using custom code for the s_code:
1) Stack my channels; eg â PPC > SEO > Emailâ etc
2) Stack keywords; either SEO only, PPC only or either (eg â ppc|keyword-1,seo|keyword2,|ppc,term3â etc
3) Stack time between Channels; eg â 0 > 1 > 5 >0â etc where â 0â indicates the same day
4) Stack channel and time in the same report
5) Have versions of the above that I could configure to reset each day (to see how many channels are used in a single day when there is a conversion), and also set a custom date range etc
6) Look at attribution weighting perhaps sometime in the future
Right now Iâ m tackling (1) above with the extension. My client has many ways that people track a campaignâ s channel and campaign tracking code (the tracking syntax isnâ t consistent across brands and countries for the QSP or the tracking code itself), so setting the Extension rules will probably take me a lot of trial and error. Therefore, I would like to see an ability to drag channel rules higher and lower in the hierarchy rather than recreating them each time I need to make a change to anything but the bottom rule.
Also, I would also like to see an ability to add another level to each condition; similar to how the Adobe Analytics works re Processing Rules etc. Eg, â query string >> contains >> abc >> and value >> contains >> xyzâ .
I hope the above makes some sense.
Loving the product and actively recommending it.