- TLC Home Home
- Discussions Discussions
- Documentation Documentation
- Knowledge Base Knowledge Base
- Education Education
- Blog Blog
- Support Desk Support Desk
09-14-2017 04:19 AM
I am currently working on an application which is partly angular and partly xhtml pages. I need pageview tags to fire on each route change but whenever I navigate from any xhtml page to angular page, the pageview does not fire. But it works fine when I refresh the angular page. Two different profiles are being used to manage xhtml and angular pages and pageviews work fine on xhtml pages.
After doing some debugging, I learnt that the pageview data is received in Tealium but still pageview tags are not being fired.
Also to mention, this issue has come up recently and pageviews worked fine before that. As the application is a work in progress, could it be because of some new scripts that might have been added at the application level which might be blocking pageview calls.
09-14-2017 06:51 AM
For Single Page Applications or AJAX based on angularJS or other technologies, Tealium provides a way to track custom page views using utag.view or utag.link calls to trigger tags. Not sure if you have tried out this, probably worth trying out for angular pages.
Here is some helpful links related to these calls:
Let me know if you need any additional details, happy to share those details as well.
09-19-2017 05:46 AM
Thanks for your reply.
Yes we are making use of utag.view() and utag.link() calls to trigger the pageview and event tags.
Also as I mentioned, pageview and event tags work fine on my local machine(localhost) but they don't work on the actual development and QA environments.
Can this be due to some environment issue?
If yes, then is there any way to confirm it ?
09-19-2017 06:55 AM
Please find below few suggetions to help debugging the tags not loading issue in dev/QA environment.
1) is Tealium code snippet is loaded on dev/QA environments?
2) is utag.view() or utag.link() calls are triggered on the specific custom actions or page views and required data layer variables are passed as parameter when these functions are called?
"data variable1" : "val 1"});
3) Enable tealium debug logs cookie by running the following code in web browser and refresh the page . console: document.cookie="utagdb=true";
This would help show tealium logs and understand the code execution better.
4) Further detailed debugging instructions for utag.view and utag.link calls can be found here.
Hope this helps. Let me know if i could answer any further questions.
Copyright All Rights Reserved © 2008-2023