Solved! Go to Solution.
11-21-2014 11:26 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 05:02 PM by kathleen_jo
Hi Ravi, this will depend on which version of utag.js you are using in the profile. Prior to version v4.26, query string parameters were automatically lowercased and with versions v4.26 and higher they are not (more info: https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/uTag/utag-js-4-26-Release-Notes/ta-p/11907) To check which version of utag.js you are using: 1) click on your username/email address in the upper right-hand corner of Tealium iQ. 2) from the admin menu, click on "Tag Status Checker" 3) Easiest to select either "Full Scan" or "Active Tags" from the pop up 4) in the results screen, find the uTag Loader row and scan across to the Version column. If the version of uTag Loader is 4.26 or higher and there are no utag configuration over-rides being used then when adding the query parameter to the Data Layer tab you will need to make sure the case matches exactly. If the version of uTag Loader is lower than 4.26 or the lowerqp configuration override is being used then the query parameter and it's value are automatically lower cased and you should add it to your data layer tab in that fashion.
11-21-2014 11:45 AM - last edited on 04-18-2016 05:02 PM by kathleen_jo
Instructions on how to use configuration overrides are towards the end of the utag v4.26 release notes I linked to previously (https://community.tealiumiq.com/t5/uTag/utag-js-4-26-Release-Notes/ta-p/11907) Keep in mind that using this override will lowercase not only the key but the value as well.
I found this since I'm trying to do the same thing. I want to capture query string parameters regardless of case. In other words, I don't want to have (like I currently do) two separate extensions to capture "Promo" and "promo", etc.
I clicked on the link above but got an error message saying I don't have sufficient permissions to view it.
Whoops @gelerind! Thank you for pointing this out. Just fixed it. Let me know if you see any other issues like this.
Hello again @gelerind. I know there is the Lower-Casing Extension however, I do not know if it will work for URLs. Let me see if I can find someone to help answer that question for you. In the meantime, take a look at the extension and tell me what you think.
Thanks @adrian_browning! But why would I do it after load rules? Wouldn't I want that to be a preloader, like the lowercasing of the query string? And I'm assuming that the url in the first field is the DOM url, not a separate UDO of the same name?
My apologies, you would have wanted to set the scope to Before Load Rules, to allow for testing in a Load Rule.
This over rides the in built URL variable. If you wanted to define your own in a pre-loader and lowercase it you could.
However, Preloader scope is too early to access the utag version of the URL variable.
@adrian_browning So, I tried it, and I thought it was working at first, but, as of this morning, it seems like it isn't actually taking and I was somehow seeing some false positives yesterday.
One thing I notice is that it says the Execution part only works post utag version 4.38. I'm not 100% sure which version we're on. When I go to the Versions tab, and click on "View utag.js" the top of the file says:
Does that mean this whole thing won't work for me?
So 3 ways to find out
1) Run the tag status checker
2) In the Tag Template search for "ut4"
3) On a website with the utag on run:
Ok, so I found that the version is, in fact what I posted above. Which is lower than 4.4.
I also notice that it seems that the lowercasing the URL isn't working. I say that because, the way we're using s.pageName in Adobe (Pages report) is to let it be the default which, if I'm reading it right, is the URL. However, despite this extension, it's still showing up mixed case in the report. This makes me suspect that the URL isn't actually getting lowercased.
My problem is also that I'm not sure which suite (Tealium or Adobe) is the one dropping the ball here so I'm trying to troubleshoot from both sides.
So far you guys have been much more responsive than Adobe, so that's why I'm asking more here. :)
Thoughts as to what might be happening?
First question would be are you allowing SiteCat to auto map PageName or are you mapping URL from Tealium?
That would be the first thing I check, else I would suggest raising a support ticket:
And then someone can walk you through your configuration and work out what's going wrong.
As of yet, no response. But I'm still very confused as to WHERE s.pageName is being set. Pre-Tealium, there was the s_code and it was very customized before I showed up and it was clearly in there. However, now, with Tealium, it's not present in the template at all. There are a few places that reference pageName but none that actually set it.
I was thinking it wasn't set until Adobe got its hands on it, but now I think that it's set while still in Tealium, but I can't find where.
04-28-2016 09:20 AM - last edited on 04-28-2016 09:21 AM by kathleen_jo