- TLC Home Home
- Discussions Discussions
- Documentation Documentation
- Knowledge Base Knowledge Base
- Education Education
- Blog Blog
- Support Desk Support Desk
I am looking for a solution within Tealium, may be with extension or something else. The simply cross domain tracking does not work.
My case is following: the user X comes through a campaign to a specific page xxx.com. He clicks to register him/herself and:
1. At the moment of click there is a Redirect, so the link looks like xxx.com/redirect.... So exactly at this moment i have a Redirect and the new session starts and this is now the user Y. So the whole information about campaign and co is gone.
2. After redirect now the user Y lands on yyy.CH. That means that the cross domain just happened. Even though I have already activated the cross domain tracking in Tealium, that does not work, because there is a redirect between these 2 steps.
Is there any way to solve it, so in such cases i could get whole info about user X after his/her click.
Thank you in advance.
Jap, ich have entered all necessary domains. But the problem is on this redirect link "xxx.com/redirect". There is no paramater ga on it, but it is the same domain. Buut, when the page is downloaded, user is on another domain, which tealium does not recognise because of lost ga parameter.
oh i see, because on click it attaches the _ga url parameter on redirect it doesn't.
I think this is something you will have to attach to the URL redirect yourself, the autlinker works on buttons only i think.
I remember to add filters for these referral links/reidrects in the GA setup otherwise all your cross domain tracking will look like referrals when they are not.
Copyright All Rights Reserved © 2008-2023