- TLC Home Home
- Discussions Discussions
- Documentation Documentation
- Knowledge Base Knowledge Base
- Education Education
- Blog Blog
- Support Desk Support Desk
This is the situation: I want to send a certain data ('someData') to Google Analytics when loading a certain page (for example, if the URL parameter 'qp' = 'someValue'). So I configured a Set Data Value Extension by filling in a variable 'someVar' with the trigger "if 'qp' = 'someValue'" and then in Google Analytics Tag I map this variable. So:
Set Data Value Extension ---> Set: 'someVar' to 'someData' - Condition: 'qp' equals 'someValue'
Google Analytics Tag ---> Map 'someVar'
This is the problem: The data is sent many times in a single page load. Even if you click or trigger another event on the same page, the data is sent again. But I want to send it only once. ¿How could I do it?
Thanks a lot. Best regards,
Hi @iMettrics ,
Without being able to investigate the site, there are some options that you can try.
1. If the event should be firing on a view or link event, you can add a condition that the Set Data Values only sets when ut.event = view or link.
b.someVar = "event"
condition, when qp is defined.
3. Persist a boolean cookie that starts off as false. Then when the qp is available, set your value and set the cookie to true, with the condition that the Set Data Values extension only runs when the cookie is false.
someVar = 'event'
cookie = true
condition: When qp is defined and cookie === false.
Let me know if this helps. Good luck!
09-10-2020 01:59 AM - edited 09-10-2020 02:00 AM
Copyright All Rights Reserved © 2008-2023