Tealium IQ Tag Management - URL override

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor

Hi all,

I have a client using Tealium IQ as a tag management system to deploy site tags (e.g. DCM Floodlight tags). I've been told that not more than one tag can be deployed on the same page/URL as the latest implemented tag would override the existing one. Is there a work around this? We have both a counter tag and a sales tag, and both should fire.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Tealium Expert
Tealium Expert

I've not had this problem, @iris-tan, when dropping multiple Doubleclick tags onto a page - each one can have a separate variable mapping in Tealium, and when they fire, they go into separate iframes with distinct IDs.

The only issue I've ever had was with re-firing an existing Doubleclick tag before the connection had been established in the iframe, but that doesn't impact you if you have separate tags within TIQ.

Highlighted

Tealium Expert
Tealium Expert

Hello @iris-tan,

In my current implementation I am triggering multiple tags of the same vendor and its similar to what you have mentioned counter and a sales tag, both work perfectly fine. As far as my knowledge there will be no such issues.

Thanks 

Highlighted

Tealium Expert
Tealium Expert

Hi,

I haven't experienced this issue either, but have setup customer accounts with A LOT of different Floodlight tags, also with more than one on the same page.

Best regards,
Peter

Best Regards
Peter