- TLC Home Home
- Discussions Discussions
- Documentation Documentation
- Knowledge Base Knowledge Base
- Education Education
- Blog Blog
- Support Desk Support Desk
Is Electron supported by Tealium?
Any gotchas to be aware of?
While we don't have official support for Electron, it should be possible to integrate all the Tealium products with it in some way, but there will be some things to watch out for:
* I'm pretty sure that Electron apps lowill load resources from the local filesystem (file://protocol). In this case, if you were to use utag.js, none of the utag files would load correctly, because Tealium uses protocol-relative URLs, which would result in all remote resources being loaded locally, and therefore you'd see lots of 404 errors. Therefore, utag.js is not an option without significant modification of templates.
* The best option would be to integrate Tealium's UDH products, and use Cloud Delivery for Analytics. This would allow you to integate our "Collect" endpoint (vdata) by way of a simple pixel, which you can send each time an action is performed in the app. This will allow full use of AudienceStream, DataAccess and Cloud Delivery.
Does this help? Please let me know if you have further questions.
03-28-2017 02:08 AM - last edited on 03-28-2017 10:14 AM by kathleen_jo
Thanks for your answer @craig_rouse.
I got past the first point by adding the https:// protocol in the Tealium tag and by setting the full path in the publish settings. Now I managed to load Tealium and the GA tag.
Now I need to setup GA for using localStorage to store the clientId value.
Should we choose to use the UDH solution, do we need anAudienceStream license?
thanks, now GA works as expected.
We notice a new problem on the Tealium side: since utag.js cannot write cookies, visit count is inflated and this would reflect in billing.
How can we set Tealium to correctly count visits without cookies?
05-23-2017 01:18 PM - last edited on 05-23-2017 02:52 PM by kathleen_jo
@giacomo_ritucci, it might be worth to take a look at the electron-cookies package https://github.com/expo/electron-cookies as a possible way to interface utag.js cookie requirements into your electron app.
Copyright All Rights Reserved © 2008-2023