I want to fire tags for a vendor distinguishing the client in new and returning. So this is what I have done:
- create two tags: one is fired when the value of a cookie is "firstpurchase", another when the value of a cookie is not "firstpurchase";
- create a JS extension that creates the cookie, and fire it in a pre-loader mode
If I understand correctly, the JS is executed, so the cookie is created/modified, and then the load rule of the tags is evaluated. In this case, only one tag of the two must be fired. Instead I find that both tags are fired.
In abstract what you've laid out should work but we would need a little more detail to answer your question properly. So if I may,
- What tag are you trying to fire for first-time purchasers?
- What tag are you trying to fire for return-purchasers?
- What logic are you using when setting your cookie in the Pre-Loader extension (code example would be helpful)?
- What logic are you using for your load rules?