I set up an AT Internet tag on a website and mapped some variables. All the variables have been added to the data layer.
When I check the source code of the website, my variables are in my utag.data but are not populated.
I can't understand why. Maybe some of you will have an idea?
08-24-2017 08:15 AM - last edited on 08-24-2017 08:20 AM by kathleen_jo
Are you using extensions to set the values to data layer or data is set on the page in utag_data object as shown in your post below?
If the values are not shown for the variables set through extensions, following is my suggetion to check if value is set on the correct variable depending on the scope of the extension.
PreLoader scope: references
utag_data. Only here should you be adding data to this object.
utag_data is only read once during initial utag.js execution and on an SPA page would only be read once initially when your app loads. On route changes this object is not read.
DOMReady scope: Here you can reference
All Tags or Individual Tags scope: Before or After Load Rules: b object
Hope this helps.
Thanks & Regards
08-24-2017 10:07 AM - last edited on 08-24-2017 10:18 AM by kathleen_jo
08-24-2017 10:20 AM - edited 08-24-2017 10:27 AM
Sorry @alicehenot. Our little mascot can get a little carried away sometimes. Let us know if you have any other questions. We are here to help.
08-24-2017 10:53 AM - edited 08-24-2017 10:54 AM
Thanks for clarifying.
I hope you have created data element for each utag_data object data layer variable under "Data Layer" tab with data type as UDO variable. Also mapped that data layer variables in the AT tag "Data Mappings" section.
Let me know if this is already done and still you are facing issues in seeing data in the AT tag triggered
08-24-2017 11:01 AM - last edited on 08-24-2017 11:18 AM by kathleen_jo
Yep, I created all my variables and added them to the data layer under the datalayer section.
They are all UDO variables.
Then I mapped them in my AT Internet under the tag section.
As you can see in the piece of code I share, extracted from the source code of the website, the variables are called by Tealium, but not populated.
I can't understand where in the process I missed a step...
08-24-2017 01:59 PM - edited 08-24-2017 02:02 PM
May be something got fixed:), I had a chance to test the utag code provided on test site and glad that i was able to notice some of the data passed in the tealium data layer. for Eg. page name, level2, language data in the reqest sent from the browser. Here is a screenshot with variables showing values.
Hope this helps.