AppNexus Audience Service Connector Setup Guide

AppNexus Audience Service Connector Setup Guide

by on ‎06-20-2018 11:06 AM - edited on ‎06-21-2018 06:55 PM by Community Manager (334 Views)

AppNexus is an internet technology company that enables and optimizes the real-time sale and purchase of digital advertising.

Table of Contents Placeholder

Requirements

• Username
  • Key ID
  • Public & Private Key

Supported Actions

Action Name AudienceStream EventStream
Add User To Segment
Remove User From Segment

Configure Settings

Go to the Connector Marketplace and add the AppNexus connector. Read the Connector Overview article for instructions on how to add a connector.

Enter values for the following configuration settings:

• Title: A title for the connector instance.
  • Username: The login name for your AppNexus API account.
  • Key ID: Name used when registering Public API Key
  • Private Key: Provide your Private Key matching the registered public key in your account. The private key must be generated with an RSA algorithm and transformed to PEM PKCS #8 format. For more information, see: API Keys and the Generating API Keys section below.
  • Notes: Additional notes about this connector.

Generating API Keys

To ensure secure communication, AppNexus API uses public and private key pairs. Key pairs can be generated with a free and widely available OpenSSL command line tool.

Run the following commands in order:

• openssl genrsa -out my-api-key 2048
  • openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -inform PEM -outform PEM -in my-api-key -out my_private_key -nocrypt
  • openssl rsa -in my-api-key -pubout -outform PEM -out my-public-key

Explanation of each command:

• Generate a new key using RSA algorithm (2048-bits key size) in traditional format.
  • Convert key in traditional format to PEM PKCS #8 format. This is your private key.
  • Output a public key in PEM format from key in traditional format. This is your public key.

The above example names the generated key files as 'my-api-key', 'my-private-key' and 'my-public-key', but these are arbitrary and can be named as you see fit.

Once generated, open the files in a text editor and copy the key values accordingly. Create Your Public Key JSON File first, then Register Your Public Key in your AppNexus account and provide its private key in the connector configuration screen.

Action Settings - Parameters and Options

Click Next or go to the Actions tab. This is where you will configure connector actions.

This section describes how to set up parameters and pptions for each action.

Action - Add User To Segment

Parameters

• User ID: (required) Select one of the user identifiers you wish to use, then map the user identifier to it.
  • Segment Information: (required)
    • A Segment ID is required, this may be a single value or an array. This is the ID found on the Segment Manager page in your AppNexus dashboard.
    • Expiration is optional, this is the lifetime of the user-segment association in minutes. A value of 0 means that it would never expire. This may be a single value or an array of equal length to the Segment ID array. Single values will be applied to all segments.
    • Value is optional, this is a value assigned to the user in the segment, and can be used to further subdivide your segment. This may be a single value or an array of equal length to the Segment ID array. Single values will be applied to all segments.

Action - Remove User From Segment

Parameters

• User ID: (required) Select one of the user identifiers you wish to use, then map the user identifier to it.
  • Segment ID: (required) This may be a single value or an array. This is the ID found on the Segment Manager page in your AppNexus dashboard.

Vendor Documentation