An Audience is a collection of Attributes you use to identify distinct groups of visitors. The more Attributes you select, the more specific your Audience becomes. When you identify an Audience that you want to target with a campaign, offering, or some other action, add that Audience in the Enrich Tab. Once you have added the Audience, you can then decide when to trigger Connectors that perform actions on those Audiences.
In this article:
An Audience is essentially a combination of one or more of Attribute filters. The more filters you add, the more specific your Audience becomes. Note that complex filters can be formed using AND/OR logic.
To create a new Audience:
1. Navigate to Enrich > Audiences.
2. Click Add Audience in the upper right corner. The New Audience Filter modal will appear.
3. Enter a Name to uniquely identify the Audience. Make sure it contains ASCII characters (codes 0-127) only and does NOT exceed 250 characters.
4. Using the 'Conditions' dropdowns, set up an evaluating statement with which to filter the Audience.
5. To add more Conditions, click the + button (AND logic) or the ‘+OR’ button (OR logic) and repeat step #4. (difference between AND/OR logic?)
6. To set the Audience Retention time, click the gear icon at the top-right tip of the dialog box. Enter a custom value or select from the predefined values. This is how many days the visitor is retained in the Audience. The retention start time is determined by the visitor's last event. 90 days is the default value.
7. Click the Finish button when you're done.
8. Save/publish the AudienceStream profile. You have successfully created an Audience.
Here's a sample Audience of Frequent Purchaser. Notice there are two filters tied together with the AND logic and the retention time is displayed at the top-right corner. You may easily edit, duplicate or delete this Audience.
Now that you've set up an Audience, you're ready to start taking action. Whenever a visitor joins or leaves an Audience you have the opportunity to take an action in response to that movement. Select the Connector you want to use and configure its available actions. Any Connectors that use the Audience for an action show up in that Audience's detail view in the Enrich tab.