Monetate Personalization Engine Connector Setup Guide

Monetate Personalization Engine Connector Setup Guide

by ‎05-04-2018 05:13 PM - edited ‎05-29-2018 10:35 AM (274 Views)

Monetate provides e-commerce solutions for online retailers. Customize your customer's experience with its flexible optimization and personalization platform. This article describes how to configure Monetate in your Universal Data Hub account.

Table of Contents Placeholder

Requirements

• Monetate Account
  • API Username & API Keys
  • Data Schema

Supported Actions

Action Name Trigger on Audience Trigger on Streams
Create or Update Data Record

Configure Settings

Go to the Connector Marketplace and add a new Monetate Personalization Engine connector. Read the Connector Overview article for general instructions on how to add a connector.

To configure your vendor, follow these steps:

1. In the Configure tab, provide a title for the Connector instance.

2. Enter your API Username, which can be found under 'Settings > Sites > API Keys' of your account.

3. Provide your Private Key matching the registered public key in your account. The private key must be generated with an RSA algorithm and transformed to PEM PKCS #8 format. For more information, see: API Keys Overview and the Generating API Keys section below.

4. Provide your API Client ID, which can be found under 'Settings > API Documentation > Monetate Data API > Base URL' of your account. For example, if the URL is 'https://api.monetate.net/api/data/v1/abc/production/', then the client ID is 'abc'.

5. Click Test Connection to verify API connectivity with the provided credentials.

Generating API Keys

To ensure secure communication, Monetate API uses public and private key pairs. Key pairs can be generated with a free and widely available OpenSSL command line tool.

Run the following commands in order:

• openssl genrsa -out my_key.pem 4096
  • openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -inform PEM -outform PEM -in my_key.pem -out my_private_key.pem -nocrypt
  • openssl rsa -in my_key.pem -pubout -outform PEM -out my_public_key.pem

Explanation of each command:

• Generate a new key using RSA algorithm (4096-bits key size) in traditional format.
  • Convert key in traditional format to PEM PKCS #8 format. This is your private key.
  • Output a public key in PEM format from key in traditional format. This is your public key.

The above example names the generated key files as 'my_key.pem', 'my_private_key.pem' and 'my_public_key.pem', but these are arbitrary and can be named as you see fit.

Once generated, open the files in a text editor and copy the key values accordingly. Register the public key in your Monetate account and provide its private key in the connector configuration screen.

Action Settings: Parameters and Options

Click Next or go to the Actions tab. It's where you'll set up actions to trigger.

This section describes how to set up parameters and options for each action.

Action: Create or Update Data Record

Parameters

1. Schema (Required): Select schema in which to create or update records.
  2. Data Record (Required): Map attributes to data record fields. If a record with the primary key field value already exists in the schema, its data will be updated. Schemas of type 'event' require an 'event time' type field. If not mapped explicitly, field value will default to now. Date attributes will be converted to ISO 8601 format: 'YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss'.

For more information, see: Engine API: Sending Data.

Vendor Documentation