Understanding the Usage Report

Understanding the Usage Report

by roshan_gonsalko on ‎09-20-2016 10:00 PM - edited on ‎09-27-2017 09:37 AM by Community Manager (736 Views)

Usage Report provides granular reporting for the two key metrics of your account—events and visitors. It allows you to analyze how those metrics are utilized by various Tealium services in your profile and how the usage has varied over time. Usage Report also helps you estimate costs for the data usage so you can make informed decisions about your implementation. 

The following topics are covered:

Table of Contents Placeholder

Viewing the Usage Report

In your UDH profile, click the gear icon in the top right corner, then click Usage Report

Screen Shot 2016-01-29 at 16.48.26.png

The default dashboard view will vary depending on which profile you are logged into.

• If you are logged into your account's main profile, you will see the default All Usage Reports from All Profiles, which is the account-level view.
  • If you are logged into any profile other than main, you will see reports specific to that profile only.

Viewing Usage Reports for a Profile

1. Select the profile name of choice from the first dropdown.

This list will only display profiles that you have access to. If you need access to a profile, please contact your Tealium account adminstrator.

2. Choose a report type from the second dropdown. 
  3. Set the date range and click Get Report.

Setting the default date filter

The default date range is set between Jan 1st of the current year and the current date. To change the default, please reach out to your account manager.  

Interpreting a Report

Reports are displayed as line graphs. The date range is plotted on the horizontal axis while the metric (i.e. number of events/visitors) is plotted along the vertical axis and marked by dots. Hovering over each dot shows you the aggregate metric values and the day on which it was aggregated. 

sample report.png

Usage Report Types

You may view them as part of the All Usage Report or select each one individually.

Data Collection

Corresponds to real-time and offline events flowing into your UDH profile. This report returns:

• Real-time Events: Number of events that are captured by the Tealium Collect Tag from your website/app in the date range. You may also know them as Streams.
  • Omnichannel Events: Number of Omnichannel rows (or lines) imported into AudienceStream.
  • AudienceStream Filtered Events: Number of filtered live events, aka Streams, received in the account/profile.
  • Total Inbound Events: Sum total of real-time and Omnichannel events.

Data usage costs are calculated based on the Total Inbound Events report.

Cloud Delivery

Corresponds to event usage by Connectors. 

• Cloud Delivery Connector Calls-Events: Number of server requests made for triggering Actions on events only (i.e Cloud Delivery service)
  • Cloud Delivery Connector Calls-Audiences: Number of server requests made for triggering Actions on audiences only (i.e. audience-based Connectors)
  • Total Cloud Delivery Connector Calls: Sum total of server requests made for triggering event- and audience-based Actions.

Data Layer Enrichment

Corresponds to the AudienceStream Data Layer Enrichment service. This report returns the number of times the Tealium Collect Tag made requests to AudienceStream for fetching the latest visitor profile. 

DataAccess

Corresponds to events and audiences exported through the DataAccess service. This report shows:

• Total EventDB Events Inserted: Number of events exported to the Amazon Redshift database assigned to your account/profile. 
  • Total EventStore Events Inserted: Number of events exported to the Amazon S3 folder assigned to your account/profile. 
  • Total AudienceDB Visitors Inserted: Number of visitors exported to the Amazon Redshift database assigned to your account/profile.
  • Total Audiencestream visitors inserted: Number of visitors exported to the Amazon S3 folder assigned to your account/profile.
  • Total DataAccess Reports: Sum total of events and visitors exported using DataAccess.

AudienceStore reporting will be supported in the future.

All Usage Reports

Displays all the above reports sequentially in the reports dashboard. This is the default view.

Billing Estimation

Usage costs are calculated based on the Total Inbound Events, i.e. total volume of events flowing into your account. Every event, at its point of entry into UDH, counts towards the total volume and is charged equally. 

Usage Report does not provide any billing or pricing information. Your final usage cost is determined not just by your event volume, but also your contract terms and implementation setup. For all billing and pricing inquires, please contact your Tealium account manager.

FAQ

Why can't I see today's data in my reports?

Usage reports can take up to 48 hours to completely process and display the data flowing through UDH. If your date range only spans the last 24-48 hours you may not see data populated in the reports. As a rule of thumb, choose an end date that's at least 48 hours back from the current date.

Why can't I choose a date prior to April 1, 2016?

The new usage reports provide data for up to one year from the time of their release. This provides most accounts with the data they need to evaluate their annual billing cycle.