Hi @TimH , Thanks for sharing your solution. Just a few questions on your implementation that you did assuming that your Adobe Target tag configuration is the same as the below image: What is the version of your Adobe Target? Would your implementation method work on at.js 2.x only? When you mentioned "appending the custom event listeners to the bottom of it", I am assuming the piece of code with the console.log is implemented in the Adobe Target tag template? Do I just implement the same code into utag.sync.js tag template? Just trying to update the implementation for Adobe Target for my company since our dev team are always bringing up the flicker free and performance issue of Adobe Target. Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!
... View more
Thank you very much for that explanation of your experiences! That was exactly what I was hoping to get from this post.
As you might already have read here, our solution ended up being using the "beta non-public" Target approach in Tealium iQ. This consists of one extension and one tag, and then the tag order Visitor API - Target - Analytics. We tried this out, because it seemed to cumbersome to do all, or some, of it manually from outside Tealium iQ. And your experiences tell me, that we took the right decision.
For us this is running nicely, and since it's also using Adobe Target new asynchronous way of working, it isn't stalling stuff, as we were very worried about, when looking at the old-school syncronous approach.
Once again, thank you for sharing!
Best regards Peter Meyer
... View more