Thanks for the answer. Normally I would go way you suggest, but to avoid loading tag and to keep "tealiumish" logic in Tealium I would prefer to set the cookie while performing load rule. Extensions are executed way too late here.
Or please correct me, if I am wrong and it's possible to execute extension before load rule.
... View more
After checking features of Load Rules, Tags and Extensions I found that I might be forced to deliver specific functionality via extension, when in "ideal world" I would do that via load rule. Therefore I prefer to ask you, if I missed something - as extension won't be (as far as I know) so easily transferable between Tags and Profiles are Load Rule.
Use case: I want to set random value of cookie for every new visitor. That cookie will hold random value form 0 to N. I want to serve some tags just to visitors who get value of 0 (so higher N is then less likely some user will get tag delivered).
I don't want to put that as tag logic because:
- I want to use official third party tags
- I want to reuse that logic in many place and easily maintain it
I don't want to use extension for it because:
- I want to deliver this logic by library and profile won't be able to override which tags I target
I want to use load rules, because:
- That what load rules are meant for ;)
- Load rule secure me against loading not needed tags
... View more